people and talking
So last night we had a little poker night, which was a lot of fun, naturally. After a while, around 1:00-ish it was down to Dan, John, and Steve, with me just dealing (i can't seem to leave a party, even if i'm not really involved anymore) and Elly watching. Because Dan was there (i love dan, he's awesome) we got into a big fun conversation. He started by asking me if I know what Mormanism is and if so if I could explain it a bit. I tried, and then somehow we transitioned to the subject of Christianity and I ended up pretty much answering questions for about an hour and a half, maybe two hours. The Lord was really speaking through me, I think, as they seemed really interested and kept asking questions. Elly started to cry twice when I was saying something about God's grace and creation, which was interesting. The point is, these guys need prayer. John has now been a spectator to two big conversations like this, which I don't think is an accident (not necessarily by him, but more the fault of God putting him there). Dan is really questioning a lot, I think. He claims to be an athiest only as far as his view of separation, like religion in the political sphere can only lead to bad things such as theocracy and prejudice. I tend to agree with him that to be in politics to try to make your government reflect your religion is not a good idea, but that doesn't to me mean that you can't have religion at all, ya know? If that's all that's holding him back from moving forward with the discussion of religion then I think it's only a matter of time before he realizes that one can sufficiently separate the two without a whole lot of trouble. Elly ended the night by saying that she felt like she needed to go pray, but when I said that I could give her a New Testament to look through she said something like, "oh, no, I'll just pray to my own god..." That's not the most reassuring thing I've ever heard. She's the kind of person that is fairly heavily influenced by her emotions, and I think she's getting more and more interested in the general idea of thinking about God and who/what that might be/mean for her. I think she could use a lot of prayer, especially because it seems to me that if she's praying to her "own god" it wouldn't be too hard for the real God to just go ahead and commandeer that conversation for himself, ya know? Anyway, pray for those guys, cause they're there and they need it. Thanks. Later.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home